About the position
This role involves on-farm and workshop-based maintenance of piggery buildings, fixtures, fittings, and machinery to ensure they’re functional and safe for the pigs and other staff.
This role could be on an indoor or outdoor farm.
Minimum education, experience, or skills
Experience in a similar role with tasks like welding, plumbing, carpentry, fitting, and/or fabrication
- Trade qualification
- Using your skills and experience in trade areas/with a range of power tools/other equipment:
- Carry out preventative maintenance tasks across the farm
- Carry out reactive maintenance or repair work across the farm
- Assist tradesmen and contractors with larger projects
- Support farm pest control activities
- Operate farm machinery and vehicles
- Assist the production team with moving or handling pigs as required