About the position
To work with producers and other stakeholders in the pork industry to encourage the uptake of new technologies, or improved practices for the benefit of both individual farms, as well as the wider industry.
Extension officers may focus on a particular area (eg. welfare, biosecurity, sustainability) or may work across all of these.
Minimum education, experience, or skills
- Tertiary qualification in agricultural, animal science, or veterinary science
- Desirable – experience in the pig industry
- Engage with pig producers and other stakeholders to drive change and improvement
- Convert complex, scientific concepts into practical, clear messages and materials
- Local and/or national travel to farms and industry events/workshops
- Organising industry and online events