Current APL Producer Members
Producer member: levy paying producers; members in this category can vote for a delegate.
To maintain their APL Membership, existing APL Producer Members must confirm or update their organisation information and eligibility for membership and must either;
- give a standing consent for APL to calculate levy paid via accessing PigPass records (NVDs), or
- provide a statutory declaration to APL stating that they are an Australian pig producer and the amount of Pig Slaughter Levy they have paid in the relevant financial year.
Levy contributions are calculated from the number of pigs slaughtered in the previous financial year. For the upcoming membership renewal period, the Pig Slaughter Levy paid will be the number of pigs slaughtered for 2018-19 x $3.25.
New APL Members
Australian Pig Producers who have paid a Pig Slaughter Levy during the previous financial year may become APL Producer Members at any time, however please be aware that all producer members, including those who sign up from January to June 2019, will be required to complete membership renewal forms for the 2019-2022 membership period.
As an APL Producer Member you will receive:
- The rights to nominate and vote for a Delegate – for every $1 of levy paid, Producer Members are entitled to 1 vote for their nominated Delegate
- Access to exclusive Members-only online content such as Delegate Forum presentations and APL’s online publication archives via the Member Portal
- Subsidised travel to and from APL’s biennial event expo on the Gold Coast
- Preferential registration to APL workshops, conferences, webinars and exhibitions
- Opportunities to network with industry experts and other groups.
Please note: Intermediaries paying the pig slaughter levy on behalf of others are not eligible for APL Producer Membership, but producers who have paid their levy via an intermediary are eligible.
All new memberships are subject to approval from the APL Board. To become an APL Member, please download and complete the following form.
Download the Producer Membership Form
(For producers who paid levy in the 2018-19 financial year)
Other membership types defined
- Associate producer member: producers who have not paid levy in the relevant financial year; these producers are required to be sponsored by a current APL member and are not eligible to vote, and
- Associate corporate member: an industry related company or manufacturer with clear benefits and connections to the pig industry.
Download the Associate Producer Membership Form
(Producers who do not pay a levy or did not pay levy in the 2018-19 financial year)
If you have any questions about the membership process, need assistance or are interested in an Associate Corporate Membership, please contact Nikki Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership: Leveraging your pig levy
If you’ve paid the pig slaughter levy in the 2018-19 financial year, you’re eligible to apply for Australian Pork Limited (APL) Producer Membership and gain access to a range of membership benefits.
While levy-paying pig producers can become APL Members at any time, current and prospective members need to complete and return the APL Producer Member Application Form
Being a pig producer, paying a levy or having a PigPass account does not automatically make you an APL Member. APL producer membership is free, however APL has a responsibility to verify your eligibility as a member and other details as required.
In previous years, this meant that, along with the membership details form, producers had to complete a Statutory Declaration every three years stating the Pig Slaughter Levy paid by the member in the previous financial year.
We understand that it’s not always easy to get a Statutory Declaration witnessed, so we recently adopted an easier method.
If you have been using the online PigPass movement reporting system, you can now consent to APL accessing your PigPass records to verify your levy paid. If you prefer that APL does not access your records in this way, the Statutory Declaration option is still available.