This project examined harnessing AgTech to enhance effluent monitoring and management. It examined and developed a device to provide advice on managing and decreasing feed waste, better effluent nutrient management and assessing biogas production potential.
Value for producers:
- System capable of paying back investment in the device in less than a year (based on 400 sow piggery).
- Estimates effluent nitrogen content and biological methane potential.
- Web application is user friendly and customisable, it provides insight into feed waste, nitrogen content, and biological methane potential.
- Additional validation of the project would be beneficial.
- Device is potentially commercially viable, and this is currently being investigated as an opportunity.