Library & Resources
- Annual Reports
- Strategic Plans
- Annual Operating Plans
- Report on the Economic Contribution of the Pork Industry
- Fit for the Intended Journey Guide
- Pork Industry Snapshot
- Economic Analysis of African swine fever incursion into Australia
- Industry Survey Executive Summary 2018-19
- Submissions to Government
- Biosecurity Update
- Pigs to Pork Newsletter
- Guidelines for Fostering
- Pigs N’ Mud Newsletter
- Best practice gilt management for fertility and longevity
- Fact Sheets
- Three Year Performance Reviews
- Media releases
- Education Toolkit
- Support for producers
- Research Reports
- APL news and updates
- Industry news
Students of today will be the decision-makers of the future and it is vitally important that we empower them to learn about their food futures, the environment in which food is grown and produced, and ways food is processed and prepared for eating.
Australian Pork Limited has developed three Food Production Education Resources aligned to the new Australian curriculum in Technologies, Science and Geography.
The units contain activities aiming to educate students and the wider school community on the following:
- Systems of care used by farmers for pigs that are grown, raised and processed for food and how farmers manage these systems;
- Sustainable resource management practices in food and fibre production; and
- Food production (pork) in managed systems and how these systems are becoming more sustainable.
The Resources have been successfully trialled in over 20 schools across Australia and are already starting to have a real impact.
Have a look at some of the learning experiences created by the pork industry education resources…