Library & Resources
- Annual Reports
- Strategic Plans
- Annual Operating Plans
- Report on the Economic Contribution of the Pork Industry
- Fit for the Intended Journey Guide
- Pork Industry Snapshot
- Economic Analysis of African swine fever incursion into Australia
- Industry Survey Executive Summary 2018-19
- Submissions to Government
- Biosecurity Update
- Pigs to Pork Newsletter
- Guidelines for Fostering
- Pigs N’ Mud Newsletter
- Best practice gilt management for fertility and longevity
- Fact Sheets
- Three Year Performance Reviews
- Education Toolkit
- Support for producers
- Research Reports
- APL news and updates
- Industry news
‘Growing a digital future for Australian Agriculture’ cross sectoral project
APL has been working with several other Rural Research and Development Corporations (RDCs) to support digital innovation in the Australian agricultural sector, with a particular focus on agricultural data.
By increasing the maturity and therefore the implementation of digital agriculture across all Australian production sectors, it has been estimated that the gross value of agricultural production could be increased by $20.3 billion (a 25% increase on 2014-15 levels). However, for farmers to be in a better position to adopt digital technologies on-farm, policies, infrastructure, technology platforms and training programs need to be considered and further developed.
Producers are encouraged to utilize the below tools to assess and improve their capability with digital agriculture:
- A digital maturity index and assessment tool to identify areas of digital strength and areas for development for individual businesses or sectors
Access digital maturity index and assessment tool
- An agricultural workforce digital capability framework to map the digital capabilities of the agricultural workforce.
Access the agricultural workforce digital capability framework
- A guide ‘Agricultural data rules: best management practice’ provides data management practices to support producers, agribusinesses and associations who collect, manage and share their data. The guide aims to assist farmers with legal, ethical and security concerns around data management and its use.
Access the Agricultural data rules: best management practice guide
These tools may be applied to help people adapt to a rapidly changing technological environment. The insights from research conducted to understand the impact of digital technologies on the future agricultural workforce as well as insights from current training providers and learning pathways were used to identify the capabilities that will be required by agricultural workers in the future.
For more information, contact Dr Rebecca Athorn, Manager, Production Innovation, research and Innovation at APL on 02 6270 8827 or at email@example.com
If you are an APL Member please login to the APL Member portal below.Login
Australian Pork Limited
The producer owned organisation supporting and promoting the Australian pork industry. Australian Pork Limited (APL) is caring for the future of Australian pork.