Library & Resources
- Annual Reports
- Strategic Plans
- Annual Operating Plans
- Fit for the Intended Journey Guide
- Pork Industry Snapshot
- Economic Analysis of African swine fever incursion into Australia
- Industry Survey Results
- Submissions to Government
- Biosecurity Update
- Pigs to Pork Newsletter
- Guidelines for Fostering
- Pigs N’ Mud Newsletter
- Best practice gilt management for fertility and longevity
- Fact Sheets
- Three Year Performance Reviews
- Media releases
- Education Toolkit
- Support for producers
- Research Reports
- Next on the Menu
- APL news and updates
- Industry news
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and your workforce guide
APL has developed a document to provide general guidance to assist pig producers to plan for and mitigate the risks posed by CoVID-19 to their employees, their business, animal welfare and the supply of pork products to the community.
These guidelines have been prepared to help the pig industry prepare for and manage the impacts of the CoVID-19 pandemic.
They are designed as prompts to consider strategies aimed at:
- protecting the health and safety of your employees, their families and broader community
- ensuring the ongoing supply of pig meat to Australian consumers, thereby supporting food security in this challenging time
- facilitate, as far as possible, business continuity, thereby ensuring:
- that the welfare of the animals for which you are responsible is not jeopardised
- ongoing job security for your workforce.
Please note: while care has been taken preparing this Guide it does not constitute legal advice. You must heed any advice and directions given by public health officials.
Be aware that the situation is changing rapidly, and that these guidelines may need to be revised in the light of new developments.
The National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.
If you are an APL Member please login to the APL Member portal below.Login
Australian Pork Limited
The producer owned organisation supporting and promoting the Australian pork industry. Australian Pork Limited (APL) is caring for the future of Australian pork.