Library & Resources
- Annual Reports
- Strategic Plans
- Annual Operating Plans
- Fit for the Intended Journey Guide
- Pork Industry Snapshot
- Economic Analysis of African swine fever incursion into Australia
- Industry Survey Results
- Submissions to Government
- Biosecurity Update
- Pigs to Pork Newsletter
- Guidelines for Fostering
- Pigs N’ Mud Newsletter
- Best practice gilt management for fertility and longevity
- Fact Sheets
- Three Year Performance Reviews
- Media releases
- Education Toolkit
- Support for producers
- Research Reports
- Next on the Menu
- APL news and updates
- Industry news
Maintain biosecurity and hygiene practices to prevent coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Producers are advised to maintain a high level of biosecurity and hygiene practices to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and limit the impact on their business and employees.
Employers should focus on providing a safe work environment and implementing their infection control plan to comply with occupational health and safety legislation. This includes briefing all employees and contract staff, including domestic and cleaning staff where applicable, on relevant information and procedures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
Staff who have returned from a country or region that is a high or moderate risk for COVID-19 should monitor their health closely, isolating themselves if they have been exposed to a confirmed case of the disease and seek urgent medical attention. Employees should advise their employer if they develop symptoms during the isolation period, particularly if they have been in the workplace. Public health authorities may contact employers in the event an employee is confirmed to have coronavirus.
Everyone in the workplace should practice good hygiene by:
- regularly cleaning their hands with soap and water (minimum 20 seconds) or an alcohol-based hand rub. If hands are visibly dirty wash them with soap and water
- always washing hands with soap and water before eating and after visiting the toilet
- covering their nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing, and disposing of used tissues immediately
- avoiding close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms (stay more than 1.5 metres from people)
- seeing a health care professional if they are unwell, and staying away from the workplace and other public places
The National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.
The phone number of your state or territory public health agency is available at www.health.gov.au/state-territory-contacts
Other information you may find helpful can be accessed at:
If you are an APL Member please login to the APL Member portal below.Login
Australian Pork Limited
The producer owned organisation supporting and promoting the Australian pork industry. Australian Pork Limited (APL) is caring for the future of Australian pork.