Australian Pork Young Leaders
The next meeting for Australian Pork Young Leaders (APYL) will be held on Thurs 16 Aug at the Burke & Wills Motel, 554 Ruthven St, Toowoomba followed by a networking dinner (venue to be advised).
The workshop will commence at 11.00am and finish at 5.00pm, with the networking dinner to follow at 6.00pm. For catering purposes please confirm your attendance for lunch and dinner by Friday 10 August.
Aaron Scheid, Merivale Farms, 0458 204 550 will be the meeting host.
The key topic for the workshop will be people management with Ben Reeve. Ben is a Human Resource Advisor with Meridian Agriculture and works with producers and industry in the areas of human resource management. This session will be activity as well as presentation based. Some of the topics he will cover include:
- Management vs leadership
- Cultural change
- Motivating others
- Managing conflict
- Goal setting and planning.
We will again have short presentations from group members representing the production and servicing sectors. They will discuss their roles, career goals and vision for the industry.
Speakers will include:
- Tom Harrison, Veterinarian, Chris Richards and Associates
- Tristan Donaldson, Operations Manager, Donaldson Farming
- Rob Bayley, Manager, Blackwood Piggery
- Nathan Lister, Technical Sales Manager – Northern Australia, Biomin
For those requiring accommodation on Thurs night (maybe wait for dinner venue to be confirmed first), suggestions include:
- Burke & Wills Motel, 554 Ruthven St, Toowoomba, Phone: (07) 4632 2433
- Potters Hotel Toowoomba, 258 Margaret St, Toowoomba City QLD 4350 Phone: (07) 4670 9488
- Ambassador on Ruthven Motor Inn, 200 Ruthven St, Toowoomba City, Phone: (07) 4637 6800
- Park Motor Inn, 88 Margaret St, Toowoomba City , Phone: (07) 4632 1011
If you are an APL Member please login to the APL Member portal below.Login
Australian Pork Limited
The producer owned organisation supporting and promoting the Australian pork industry. Australian Pork Limited (APL) is caring for the future of Australian pork.