Calendar of Events
- 2016 Pan Pacific Pork Expo
- 2018 Pan Pacific Pork Expo
- PPPE 2016 Presentations
Plenary and Concurrent Presentations 2016
PPPE Day One – Wednesday 25 May 2016
Plenary Session 1 – Technology inspired transformation
- Craig Rispin, The Future Trends Group – Technology inspired transformation
- Official launch APL Tech Toolbox App
Plenary Session 2 – Consumer attitudes toward agriculture
Sponsor: Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Australia
- Dr Jude Capper, Livestock Sustainability Consultancy – The value of information to the consumer
- Dr Heather Bray, University of Adelaide – Understanding community attitudes
- Rob Cumine, Coles – The retailers perspective
PPPE Day Two – Thursday 26 May 2016
Topic 1 – Refocusing on herd productivity
Sponsor: Primegro Technologies
- Dr Mark Wilson, Zinpro USA – Recent advances in Seasonal Infertility
- Prof Rob van Barneveld, SunPork Farms – Variation and its hidden costs
- Caleb Smith, Kia-Ora Piggery – Increasing BA: where should we focus?
Topic 2 –Transforming science into practice
- Dr Peter Davies, University of Minnesota – Anti Microbial Resistance (AMR) – what’s the world doing about it?
- Dr Pat Mitchell, Australian Pork Limited – AMR in Australia – where are we at and what do we need to do?
- Prof Darren Trott, University of Adelaide – AMR: new technologies to assist risk mitigation.
Topic 3 – Developing premium markets
Sponsor: Australian Pork Limited
- Hollis Ashman, Mondelez International – Premium food into China: lessons for the pork industry
- Matt Rutter, Geraldton Fisherman’s Cooperative – Lessons for the pork industry from the world’s largest exporter of rock lobster
- Jayne Gallagher, Director, Honey & Fox – Australian wild abalone in China: ideas for the pork industry
Topic 4 – Workshop
Hosted by Chris Richards and Associates
Fact or Fiction – Tools to objectively assess health and production
The workshop will demonstrate a number of tools that pig producers can use to obtain objective evidence to assess the potential benefits of commonly applied health and production practices in pigs.
For more information please contact:
Australian Pork Limited
PO Box 4746
Kingston ACT 2604
P: 02 6270 8832
F: 02 6285 2288